Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
iCM Forum's Favorite Movies (Results)

Polls: 1948 (Results), 1987 awards (Apr 25th), Doubling the Canon (Ratings Apr 25th), South-East Asia (Apr 27th), New official lists (Nominations Apr 29th), 1958 awards (Apr 30th)
Challenges: TSPDT, France, 1970s
Film of the Week: Vale Abraão
World Cup: Round 1 schedule, Match 1F (Apr 25th), Match 1G (May 13th)

Welcome to the iCM Forum!

Click here to register!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Assalto ao Trem Pagador AKA Assault on the Pay Train (1962); Film of the Week #220 – 500<400
Topic Started: Mar 18 2018, 07:29:05 PM (195 Views)
joachimt
Member Avatar
Teacher
 *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Film of the Week #220: Assalto ao Trem Pagador AKA Assault on the Pay Train (1962)

Posted Image

Summary:
The gang composed by small-time thieves from the slum and leaded by the criminal Tião Medonho (Eliezer Gomes) plans and successfully executes the robbery of the train with the payments of the Banco do Brasil ("Bank of Brazil"). The police has no leads and believes that the heist was committed by an international gang. Meanwhile, Tiao imposes that each outlaw can only spend 10% of the share, but the poor reality and the greed of most of them spoil the planning.

Info/Links:
#342 on 500<400, with 127 checks.
On IMDb
On iCM

From the 500<400 results
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cocoa
Member Avatar
Director
 *  *  *  *  * ]
I liked it when I watched the film for the World Cup.

From the 500<400 results
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

weirdboy
No Avatar
Oscar Winner
 *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I thought it was OK.

I like the concept quite a bit, but it felt like it dragged on a bit towards the middle. The first third and final third were engaging but I got bored with the repetition of the same themes that occurs in that middle third.

Fergenaprido
Member Avatar
Oscar Winner
 *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Agreed with Cocoa. I liked it well enough. Some parts stick with me still a few years later, especially the ending in the lead character's house.

7.4/10

Worth a watch. :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

xianjiro
Member Avatar
reporting from Kakistan
 *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So, watched this recently. Seemed pretty usual robbers/cops fair though found the intrusion of Brasilian media at the end an interesting difference. In general, the movie was what I'd expect given the genre though there were some plot devices (having the news of the pay train leaving and where it was heading going over the wires and not coded) that I thought odd. Nothing really stood out for me as exceptional - either on the positive or negative - so it seemed pretty average to me, but was certainly a worthwhile check. :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Film Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Via Domus created by Steve of the ZetaBoards Theme Zone